November 30, 2008

New Use for an Old Suitcase


Trash to treasure is my favorite kind of decorating. A little creative thinking can bring new life to an item otherwise deemed for the landfill. This old suitcase that I bought years ago at a rummage sale for 50 cents certainly has added character to my home decor.

Each season I seem to find a new way of using this old suitcase. Pine cones and pine boughs make it a simple display for my porch this holiday season. It sits on the pictured chair with a metal reindeer next to it. Simple yet festive.

This fall it made a good base for a scarecrow. I kept the suitcase closed and the scarecrow sat on top. Again, the suitcase was on this old chair out on my porch, with cornstalks beside it.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm going to steal this idea. I'm going to a friends to see her brand new house and I wanted to bring her something festive. I think this is a great idea and can be decorated to the season. Thank You!

Diane@A Picture is Worth.... said...

That is just one of the cutest things I've ever seen!

Thanks for the visit and linking to Trash to Treasure!

Ghislaine said...

Looks like you had a lot of work to do. I recently painted my own walls with the help of this video http://www.howcast.com/videos/716-How-To-Paint-a-Wall and it took a long time but the walls looked amazing after the job was all done. Time well spent!!