October 1, 2008

Hardwood Flooring - A Great Choice



Since I had hardwood flooring installed in my home (pictured above), I am a huge advocate for that flooring choice. The top reasons I recommend hardwood flooring are:

Hardwood flooring has a timeless look that fits any decorating style. They put hardwood flooring in houses 100 years ago, and wood is still a top choice for flooring material today. Any style furniture and accessories only look better when placed on hardwood flooring. Just watch a few home decorating show or browse a magazine....hardwood is a popular choice and wise investment because it will never go out of style.

Hardwood flooring is easy to keep clean---really clean. When you see what comes up on a swiffer just one day after vacuuming, you too would vow to never live with carpet again. There is simply no way a vacuum can get all the dust, dog hair, etc out of carpeting. It is easy to dry dust and get all dirt and dust out of your house. Weekly, I use a spray that is designed for wood floors, and easily wipe it up. It looks clean, and it IS clean!

Hardwood flooring will never need to be replaced in your lifetime, and it is eco-friendly. If your flooring gets scratches or loses the finish you desire, it can be refinished (several times if you purchase quality flooring). It literally will last a lifetime, and therfore you will not be adding carpeting, linoleum or whatever to the local landfill. Wood is a renewable resource, and you can even use wood that is salvaged from buildings that are torn down. Recycle, Reduce, Reuse.

I purchased my hardwood flooring from Enterprise Wood Products. They helped me select the right species for my home, and then manufactured my hardwood flooring customized for me. Quality is important for this type of investment, so do your research. Buy it from a company that is willing to work with you from start to finish.

No comments: