October 30, 2008

Budget Decorating Tip: Decorative Picture


If you have a magazine, you can create a one-of-a-kind piece of art for your home! Using a textured scissors, I cut odd shapes from colored areas of magazine pages. I then made a collage of the paper pieces on poster paper. Used regular school glue.

My artwork is varied colors to match the decor in the room. I have done this before with a single color, and it turned out fabulous. The frame and mat really are the key to making this project look professional. I used a frame and mat from a picture I no longer wanted, and simply painted both to match my room decor.

Simple, easy, and inexpensive.
This is a great project for kids. There is no wrong way to cut the shapes. Let them have fun and work on the project with you. As Christopher Lowell says, "you can do it!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love love love this idea. I think it's a great piece that could work in any room with any decor. GREAT IDEA!!